Tuesday, March 6, 2012

If You Are...

Who or what is shaping your identity?

Often times, when we are tempted to behave poorly--to give into sugar or worry--it is because we allow the wrong thing to shape our identity. We let false rumors and malicious gossip define who we are and how we behave.

But, when we remember that we are children of God, saved by grace, it has the power to change everything.  Even us.

As you continue with your Lenten observations this week, consider who or what is shaping your identity.  How does that impact your behavior?  What causes you to be tempted to give in or give up?  What enables you to stay focused and disciplined? How might resting in the knowledge that you are a child of God, saved by grace, change your experience this week?

I want to do what is good, but I can't.  I don't do the good things I want to do. I keep on doing the evil things I don't want to do. I do what I don't want to do....What a terrible failure I am! Who will save me from this sin that brings death to my body?  I give thanks to God. He will do it through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 7:18-24)


1 comment:

  1. this blog is so inspiring! I have come on almost every night partly in place of my facebook addiction in conjunction with prayer. Thank you all for sharing!

    ReplyDelete